Click column header to sort
When Danny Thomas opened SJCRH in 1962, he had the vision that no child should die in the dawn of life, and from the very beginning, St. Jude nurses have led on the frontlines of helping find cures to childhood cancer and other catastrophic diseases.
St. Jude Nurses provide the highest quality of care, every day. We bring our hearts and minds to the bedside of every child that we care for. We wipe their tears, we hold their hands, and we smile relentlessly, to remind this terrible disease that it will never win. Because of the unique nature of our work at St. Jude, your work on our team will be dynamic and challenging, but it will be some of the most rewarding work of your career.
Here at St. Jude, we provide the very best in patient care, and we’re looking for nurses who not only believe in, but who embody this mission: those who know and are driven by their passions, who thrive through collaboration, and who actively seek out new opportunities to learn and lead. If you’re hungry, humble, and smart, and if you’re looking to invest in a team that wants to invest in you, we’d love to consider your application.
We're currently accepting applications for:
Nursing Surgical Services
Why be a CRNA at St Jude?
1. Our Mission: Finding Cures. Saving Children. It's at the heart of everything we do.
2. Maximize your license: Our administration is passionate about helping our APPs practice at the top of their license
3. Job satisfaction: We love what we do and where we do it!
4. Growth opportunities: When you grow, we grow. That's why we prioritize professional development opportunities for our CRNAs
5. Research: Our bench to bedside model means that research and implementation happen in real time
6. Caffeine: Two Starbucks on campus. Need we say more?
7. Relationships: Our CRNAs have the rare opportunity to build relationships with our patients and families
8. Family: Fewer than 20 CRNAs on staff makes us a tight-knit team
9. The Anti-Burnout: 80% of our anesthetics take place outside of the OR, and the other 20% keep your skills sharp. In addition, our rotating schedule gives you the fluidity you need to (really) maintain a work/life balance, and our CRNAs are only on call an average of four weeks a year.
10. Pay and Benefits: Memphis' cost of living is 14% below the national average, making our already competitive pay and benefits even more appealing. Also, we have amazing barbeque.
Works collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary healthcare team.Â Provides care for patients both in the outpatient clinic and the inpatient setting and addresses both acute and chronic issues in managing disease and treatment-related complications. Collects, documents and analyzes patient data; collaborates in the development and implementation of treatment plans; coordinates patient care with ancillary clinical services; makes appropriate referrals to consulting medical staff; provides follow up to referring physicians; may orient or precept students and new staff. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the institution.
As a Float Pool Nurse for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, you’ll serve as a lifeline for our nursing workflow, stepping in to help in a variety of modalities across our institution. This position offers the opportunity to experience the full spectrum of care offered at St. Jude, with opportunities to advocate for our patients and families in our Inpatient units, Outpatient clinics, and Surgical Services teams.
Here at St. Jude, we set the bar in patient care, and we encourage applicants who match the caliber of our work. If you’re quick on your feet, welcome challenges, and believe in the power of collaboration in the pursuit of mission-driven work, we’d love to have you apply.
We have current part-time opportunities available in these areas:
Nursing Surgical Services
As a Sedation Nurse with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, you’ll be equipped with the tools, resources, and collaborative opportunities to provide the very best care to pediatric patients. You’ll work closely with teams of CRNAs, MDAs, and Child-Life Specialist, to name a few, in serving patients across the spectrum of acuity, acting as a guide, resource, and comfort to children and their families as they move through pre-, intra-, and post-anesthesia phases of care.
On this team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a more traditional schedule; our nurses have the rare opportunity to work Monday through Friday, 9:30 am -6:00 pm. Unless you’re on call, your weekends, evenings, and holidays are your own.
Here at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we set the standard of the very best of patient care and comfort, and we’re looking for nurses who not only believe in, but who embody this mission: those who know and are driven by their passions, who thrive through collaboration, and who actively seek out new opportunities to learn and lead. If you’re hungry, humble, and smart, and if you’re looking to invest in a team that wants to invest in you, we’d love to consider your application.