St. Jude is where those with a passion for making a difference come to break new ground. Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. We are leading the way the world understands, treats, and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Our central analytics services team is growing, and we are looking for Analytics Solutions Architects to partner across the institution to support access to timely, accurate, and insightful information to drive informed decision-making.
This job is for you if…
You are passionate about partnering with people to develop highly effective and impactful information and analytics solutions – including, but not limited to, reporting, visualizations, and analytics self-sufficiency capabilities. In this position, you will capitalize on your knowledge of healthcare administrative/operational analytics and empower your internal customers with analytics capabilities that meet their needs.
You will excel at this job if you’re adept at understanding and translating people’s needs and are able to apply your analytics development proficiency to build analytics solutions. As an Analytics Solutions Architect, you are the link between the institution and the data needed to bring our mission and strategic priorities to life. You are open to learning healthcare administrative business processes (Eg: Faculty Affairs, Human Resources, Revenue Cycle, Finance, Facilities), putting yourself in the customer’s shoes, thinking a few steps ahead of them, visualizing and designing a solution that will support your customer’s data needs. You have strong design capabilities and can design a solution that not only gives them what they need but makes it easy for them to analyze data. You can deliver analytics solutions quickly and effectively.
· Partner with customers across the institution to deliver thought leadership, look for new ways to enhance, develop or execute data-driven solutions and insights through the use of analytics
· Mature institution-wide analytics platform that drives self-service/self-sufficiency
· Build strong partnerships with stakeholders across the institution
· Build well-designed, cutting-edge applications that support the mission of St. Jude
Some regular responsibilities might look like, but are not limited to,
· Establish a collaborative relationship with a new project’s stakeholder(s) and gather their needs to inform initial requirements
· Build trust with customers and become their advocate for analytics
· Meet with a project stakeholder to discuss, advise, and explore the best analytics solution for their request
· Be the “voice of the customer” in an analytics project development meeting, working with both technical and non-technical end-users easily
· Develop a dashboard design and review it with key stakeholders – following institutional standards for data visualization
· Develop standardized dashboard design templates for use across St. Jude
· Work closely with Data Architects to drive the design of data models based on analytics requirements
· Ability to confidently demo applications developed to multiple committees, leadership, and stakeholders
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Mentor data analysts across St. Jude business areas
· Gather, document, and build business logic of metrics into a dataset for ad hoc use to improve self-sufficiency in data access
· Collaborate with analytics training staff to develop job aids and other training documents for solutions you have built
Minimum 3-5 years experience in the healthcare delivery or healthcare research industries preferred