We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Analyst I to work with Computational Biology scientists and engineers to upload large complex genomics data to St. Jude Cloud and build tailored scientific data visualizations. Dataset is generated by one-of-a-kind epigenomics and single-cell sequencing studies from Department of Developmental Neurology. The candidate will have opportunities to get hands-on experience in curating cutting-edge scientific visualization using the field-leading St. Jude ProteinPaint and GenomePaint. The successful candidate will work with PIs and Computational Biology staff to transfer genomic data between the institution and outside collaborators and data repositories. Proficient Python programming and Linux using experience is required. Strong interest in learning biology and bioinformatics is desired.
*This position is full time for one year with all the benefit of a staff position.
1. Performs basic analysis of biomedical data produced from a variety of biotechnology platforms including microarrays, next generation sequencing systems, scientific imaging and tandem mass spectrometry for proteomics, under close supervision
2. Assists senior analysts and scientists to maintain biomedical databases or data warehouse.
3. Works with the Data Visualization team to build and customize scientific data visualizations. Demonstrate prototypes to PIs and scientists to obtain feedback for improving software.
4. Communicates to project managers on the design and implementation of an analytical process, and progress of project.
5. Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned in order to meet the goals of the department and institution.
Salary is highly competitive (comparable to industry) and employee benefits are outstanding. Relocation assistance is available. Working at St. Jude provides the opportunity to make a tangible difference to pediatric cancer patient care and survival and St. Jude has been consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work” list and is exceptionally positively reviewed on GlassDoor.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.