This is an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Research Technologist to join our laboratory in the Dept. of Pathology to help drive research on the role of histone variants and mutants in disease. Our group uses several models (fission yeast and mammalian cell lines) and we expect the successful candidate to work in both fission yeast and mammalian cell lines.
This position will be 90% scientific research.
• 10% effort assisting with laboratory management (ordering, taking care of equipment etc)
• Experience with molecular techniques: cloning, RNA extraction, cDNA generation, lentiviral work
• Experience working with proteins (purification, immunopurification) and chromatin (histone extraction, chromatin immunoprecipitation, protein purification) a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Understanding of and experience with genome engineering a plus
• Flow cytometry experience a plus
The ideal candidate will be dedicated, flexible and a team player. Performs other duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the group leader and the department.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field is required
A minimum of three (3) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or three (3) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Bachelor's degree.
A minimum of two (2) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or two (2) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Master's degree.
No experience is required with a PhD in a related field.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.