The Analytical Technologies Center (ATC) at St. Jude is seeking a senior research technologist to support Formulation Development in the Chemical Biology and Therapeutics department at Memphis, TN. The person in this role will be responsible for formulation development activities within one or more small-molecule development programs, including pre-formulation, process development, and drug product characterization. To support scientific advancement across research labs at St Jude, ATC employs a full assemblage of state-of-the-art instrumentation including FTMS, Q-Tof-MS, AB Sciex triple quad mass specs, several single quads, EI MS, in addition to a variety of HPLC’s and UPLC systems. Reporting directly to the ATC leader, this person will be expected to independently execute formulation development for pre-clinical studies, and assists in managing the center daily operations. Strong organizational and communication skills are required to collaborate with other staff and complete required activities in a timely manner. Manuscript writing, accurate record keeping, reports, and SOP-writing will also be expected.
A minimum of three (3) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or three (3) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Bachelor's degree.
A minimum of two (2) years total work experience as a SJCRH Research Technologist or two (2) years relevant post-degree experience in a similar research environment is required with a Master's degree.
No experience is required with a PhD in a related field.
Pharmaceutical formulation development/R&D experience
• Perform pre-formulation experiments to inform formulation development work
• Understanding of different types of drug dosage forms
• Develop robust formulation processes and analytical test methods to support pre clinic study, formulation stability study and other advanced research
• Summarize data and scientific findings in presentations and reports
• Broad knowledge of the theory of operations and application of advanced bioanalytical assay methods/platforms is required (i.e., chromatographic, mass spectrometric, etc.).
• Good mechanical aptitude in operating and troubleshooting laboratory equipment
• Experience in working within multidisciplinary teams
• Experience in working with pre-clinical models
• Experience in developing drug formulations
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.