St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a world-renowned institution that is recognized as one of the best places to work in the nation. As a premier center for research and treatment of childhood catastrophic diseases, we employ a diverse team of scientific and healthcare professionals dedicated to the promise of hope. With our critical mission, St. Jude is revolutionizing the way our clinicians use information systems and advanced technology to deliver lifesaving patient care.
The Manager Clinical Research Systems will assist with the coordination and development of complex clinical research information system programs, projects and trials, implementation of new clinical trials management applications, integration with 3rd party applications, clinical research system upgrades, implementation of associated ancillary applications, and oversight and evaluation of resource utilization. Supervises a team of Research Informatics Developers and Analysts, that develop EDC databases matched with specific IRB approved clinical research protocols. Works collaboratively with system users, technical resources, the operational analytics team and ensures that necessary data reports are provided to users. Assists with the integration of systems across departmental boundaries to ensure that solutions are consistent with the broader goals and objectives of the overall institution. Provides oversight of training program development, user documentation and continuous improvement initiatives.
1. Manages the development and/or maintenance of study-specific databases in the Clinical Research System and/or within legacy systems.
2. Manages the overall operations and ongoing development for assigned clinical research system applications.
3. Directly supervises the assignments, performance, and productivity of staff
4. Maintains an awareness and understanding of technological advances, vendor product offerings an issues.
5. Maintains working knowledge of all Clinical Research Informatics management methodologies and ensures staff development.
6. Positively influences team member’s performance through orientation, monitoring, feedback, education and counseling.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed in order to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.