The Department of Global Pediatric Medicine (GPM) is a new and growing academic department looking for professionals who are eager to help implement the mission of taking St. Jude to the world. This major GPM initiative, known as St. Jude Global, has three goals: to train the clinical workforce, develop and strengthen health systems and patient-centered initiatives, and advance knowledge to sustain continuous improvement through research. Via a rapidly expanding infrastructure and unprecedented collaboration in regional networks, St. Jude Global is the natural evolution of the work St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (SJCRH) started 20 years ago with the International Outreach Program. And now, St. Jude Global will of improve the survival rates of children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases worldwide.
GPM is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Administrative Specialist to join the core administrative team responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient support of faculty, staff, departmental, and global initiatives.
Under the direction of the GPM Office Manager, the Administrative Specialist will:
· Anticipate, initiate, coordinate, and maintain administrative activities for departmental, regional, global, and special projects.
· Compose, edit, and/or proofread correspondence and documents.
· Develop, analyze, and maintain reporting related to projects, programs, grants, and budgets.
· Organize and arrange logistics for events, meetings, and/or travel for GPM staff, faculty, and visitors.
· Ensure that administrative practices and procedures are aligned with those of the institution and department.
· Collaborate with team members in GPM and at St. Jude Global Alliance member sites.
· Work with key GPM personnel to assist in developing presentations and materials.
· Assist and/or participate in departmental activities, as needed.
· Operate with minimal supervision, anticipating needs and adapting to an evolving and fast-paced environment.
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Strong writing and editing skills.
· Exceptional organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities.
· Ability to carry out broad assignments with minimal supervision or work as part of a team.
· Coordinate and align multiple projects and administrative assignments simultaneously.
· Demonstrate cultural sensitivity at all times.
· Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
All candidates must submit a cover letter to be considered for the position.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.